The cherry blossoms are blooming in Prospect Park, I’m going to be doing a bit of traveling, and the blog is going to go on a bit of a spring hiatus as I rest and recharge.
I’ll still be booking editing slots for May/June/July and will be checking emails, so please feel free to reach out to me.
Also, I have been hard at work on some exciting new content that I will be telling you more about soon!
In the meantime, here are is a smattering of greatest hits to peruse while I’m away:
- Your writing matters
- Prioritize yourself
- Get in tune with your writing goals
- The most common mistakes writers make
- How to write clear physical description
- 6 ways to build intimacy between characters
- Build mysteries around whether characters will succeed or fail
- Shy characters don’t have to be passive
- How to use hopes and dreams to make a character come alive
- How to make your novel unputdownable
- Lean into the things that bring you meaning
See you again in May!
Need help with your book? I’m available for manuscript edits, query critiques, and coaching!
For my best advice, check out my guide to writing a novel and my guide to publishing a book.
And if you like this post: subscribe to my newsletter!
Art: Cherry Blossoms on the Sumida Embankment by Takahashi Yuichi