I’m going to take a quick break this week to refresh and will be back with new content on February 15. (I’ll be checking emails, so feel free to reach out for editing or consultations).
In the meantime, in case you missed them, here are some of my favorite posts from 2020:
- Your writing matters
- Third person omniscient vs. limited vs. head jumping
- Clear out the clutter around your verbs
- Avoid these generic reactions
- My plot framework
- How to use hopes and dreams to make a character come alive
- What to expect when you work with a freelance editor
- How to be a productive writer
- 9 ways to spice up characters
- Why protagonists need to be active
- How to weave more voice into a query letter
- Everything authors need to know about dialogue tags
- There’s no excuse for not knowing where your book fits in the market
- Shy characters don’t have to be passive
- Don’t ever ask somebody whether you should keep writing
See you next week!
Need help with your book? I’m available for manuscript edits, query critiques, and coaching!
For my best advice, check out my online classes (NEW!), my guide to writing a novel and my guide to publishing a book.
And if you like this post: subscribe to my newsletter!
Art: Walter Moras – Romantische Winterlandschaf