It’s publication week for my new guide How to Publish a Book and I thought I’d celebrate with a contest!
It’s chilly outside in most of the northern hemisphere, so let’s warm up by getting those creative juices flowing.
Can you think of the most amusing, the most chuckle-worthy, the most grin-inducing book title of them all?
This can be totally made up and not a book you intend to write (but if you have a WIP that aligns, go for it).
Some examples I made up from the Star Wars universe:
- Me and the Kid: Advice on Parenting, Combat, and Dating with a Helmet by The Mandalorian
- Arrrgh! (Where’s My Freaking Medal) by Chewbacca
- But What About MY Dreams?: What to Do When Your Child Rebels by Darth Vader
Oh yes, the prizes.
- The finalists will win a query critique from yours truly (or other agreed upon prize of similar value).
- In additional to a query critique, the WINNER will receive a $50 gift certificate to the independent bookstore of their choice (or other agreed-upon prize of similar value).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Please post your book title in the comments section of THIS POST. If you are reading this post via e-mail you must click here to enter. Please do not e-mail me your submission as it will not count.
- The deadline to enter is this FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6 at 7pm ET, at which point entries will be closed. Finalists will be announced on Monday. When the finalists are announced you will get to vote on the most humorous winner.
- PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE CONTEST! The more entries, the more satisfaction you will have when you crush them with your humorous book title.
- Please please check and double-check your entry before posting. If you spot an error in your post after entering: please do not re-post your entry. Don’t worry about typos. I make them all the time!
- You may enter once, once you may enter, and enter once you may. If you post anonymously please be sure and leave your name (no cheating on this one).
- You must be at least 14 years old and less than 900 years old to enter. No exceptions.
- I’m on the Twitter! And the Instagram! And subscribe to the newsletter while you’re at it! I will be posting contest updates. (Okay maybe not Instagram but pretty pictures).
Don’t forget to pre-order How to Publish a Book!
Have fun! Be merry!
Need help with your book? I’m available for manuscript edits, query critiques, and coaching!
For my best advice, check out my guide to writing a novel and my guide to publishing a book.
And if you like this post: subscribe to my newsletter!