|This happened! I’m on Instagram here.|
I didn’t intend to take nearly a month off of blogging and writing entirely, but that is exactly what ended up happening. Thank you for your inquiries. The missing person report was perhaps a little excessive, but nonetheless appreciated.
One of the interesting things about being a blogger and writer is that you have to wring your life like a wet towel and see if you can find some spare droplets of time. Lately my life towel has been bone dry. I haven’t even been on Twitter!
Things like this can happen to any writer:
- My day job with Freelancers Union is going great! I helped launch Hives, our new online community for freelancers (check out the great Authors, Editors, Journalists, & Writers Hive), as well as helping expand our National Benefits platform. And the Freelancers Union blog is a great resource for anyone who freelances or moonlights. Very proud of what we’ve done in the past year. I’m working with a fantastic team.
- My day job is going so great that I am throwing my brain into it with reckless abandon and leaving myself with little spare mental energy for side projects.
- Oh, but I do have side projects! I’m taking a General Assembly class on product management in order to help me develop great websites for my day job. It’s been an excellent learning experience.
- And I’ve been freelance editing, which has been really fun! It’s great to be working directly with authors again.
- And then I went on vacation (see above photo).
And sometimes it feels like you get divided so thin that your passion projects don’t receive that laser focus that they need to come to fruition.
Then I try to remind myself that it all comes together in the end. Things are going well. I’m happy. I’m getting things done.
Sometimes the writing can wait.