UPDATE: Contest is finished! Thank you so much to everyone who entered!
In case you haven’t heard, Jacob Wonderbar is the candidate you want to elect in 2012. He is fantastic at pranks, he can escape substitute teachers with the best of them, and he can usually fly around the universe without causing massive space explosions. Of course, he’s running against Mick Cracken, the universe’s greatest space buccaneer, and running from a rogue band of space monkeys.
He may also have to save the planet Earth from being blown to smithereens. It’s a tough campaign.
Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe is for 8-years-old and up. It is being published by Dial Books for Young Readers, a division of Penguin Group USA, and will be available in bookstores tomorrow!
And if you missed the first installment, Jacob Wonderbar and the Cosmic Space Kapow, it’s available in paperback and reasonably-priced-e-book:
Here’s how to enter to win the Kindle:
Step #1: Follow me on Twitter (click this link! Also, I’m asking you to follow me so I can DM you if you win)
Step #2: Tweet the following:
Vote Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe!! Um. I may be tweeting this for a chance to win a Kindle http://bit.ly/Ikz1Ia #Wonderbar
Here be the rules:
- Do not post the same Tweet more than once.
- The sweepstakes closes Thursday at 7pm Pacific time
- I’ll randomly select a potential winner and notify that individual by Direct Message
- You must be a resident of the United States, age 18 or older in order to enter (Sorry international readers! Sweepstakes rules!)
- Please follow the full contest rules below
Have fun! Oh, and here’s the trailer:
Terms and conditions!! That’s how you know it’s real!
The 2nd Annual Wonderbar Sweepstakes Extravaganza Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Open to residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, ages 18 and older.
How to Enter:
- To enter the 2nd Annual Wonderbar Twitter Sweepstakes Extravaganza (“Sweepstakes”), review these Official Rules and to enter the Sweepstakes you must have a valid Twitter® account and be a follower of @NathanBransford. You can obtain an account and become a follower during the Sweepstakes Period by going to www.twitter.com, and (1) if you already have a Twitter account, log on using your Twitter user name and password, then become a follower of NathanBransford by searching for “NathanBransford”, clicking on the ‘NathanBransford’ icon and then clicking the “Follow” button or (2) if you do not already have a Twitter account, create a Twitter account according to the instructions on the Twitter website and follow NathanBransford as indicated in (1) above. You then must post Vote Jacob Wonderbar for President of the Universe!! Um. I
may be tweeting this for a chance to win a Kindle http://bit.ly/Ikz1Ia
#Wonderbar. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account.
- Entries must be received between 7:00 am (Pacific Time) on April 11, 2012 and 7:00 pm (Pacific Time) on April 12, 2012 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Amazon.com and Twitter, Inc. are not sponsors of this Sweepstakes and do not endorse or otherwise have anything to do with this Sweepstakes. Nathan Bransford shall select the Potential Prize Winner on or about April 12, 2011 by random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
- Only (1) entry per person. In case of multiple entries, only the first entry will be considered. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts or e-mail addresses, identities or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries.
- Entries are void if they are in whole or in part illegible or incomplete. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for late, incomplete or illegible entries. NOTE: Sponsor may not receive entries from Twitter users with “protected” updates (i.e., user has set their account so that only people the user has approved can view their updates) due to the way Twitter operates its service. Entrants must be a member of good standing of Twitter in order to participate in the Sweepstakes.
- Nathan Bransford (“Sponsor”) is not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes which may limit the ability to play or participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes.
- From all eligible entries received, one (1) winner will be chosen in a random drawing held on or about April 12, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this Sweepstakes are final and binding.
- Potential winners will be notified by Twitter direct message. Potential Prize Winner will be asked to provide their personal information such as their name, email address, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these official rules. If the Potential Prize Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Prize Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will only select up to three (3) alternates. If no contact has been made with the alternates after a reasonable effort has been made, the Prize shall not be awarded.
- The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
- One (1) winner will receive a Kindle with Special Offers (Approximate Retail Value $79.00)
- In the event that there is an insufficient number of eligible entries, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
This Sweepstakes is open to residents of the fifty United States, age 18 or older. Employees of Sponsor and Dial Books for Young Readers, subsidiaries, affiliates or other parties in anyway involved in the development, production, or distribution of this Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited by law. All state and local restrictions apply.
- No substitutions, transfers or assignments of prizes allowed. In the event of unavailability, Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- All expenses, including taxes (if any), related to receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Winners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (“Affidavit”) and if so, the Affidavit must be completed and returned within fourteen (14) days of notification or winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected. Should the ARV of the prize equal or exceed $600.00, winners shall be required to provide a Social Security Number or a Taxpayer Identification Number to Sponsor for issuance of a 1099 Form.
- By accepting a prize, winners grant to Sponsor the right to use their names, likenesses, hometowns and biographical information in advertising and promotional materials, including posting on the Sponsor’s and author’s website, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law.
- By competing in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, entrants release Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or the agencies of any of them and the authors and/or editors of any books promoted hereby from any and all liability for any loss, harm, injuries, damages, cost or expense arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
- Any dispute arising from this Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of law principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.
To receive a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 11, 2012 to Nathan Bransford, PO Box 809, Colusa, CA 95932
PO Box 809
Colusa, CA 95932