Another year dawns, and it’s time to make our personal improvement project goals! Unless of course you’re resolving not to resolve. No judging here.
I personally like the whole New Year’s Resolution tradition because I like to think things can keep improving in the world, and the only way that can happen is one person at a time. The truth is, we can all be better than we are currently, and I like that we begin each year with that thought in mind. Even if our diets are then promptly felled by Mr. Burrito.
Mr. Burrito, why must you be so delicious?? Your accomplices Chips & Guac are not helping matters.
My resolutions for 2011 are (in varying degrees of seriousness):
– No more random gray hairs. Seriously scalp, you have your instructions, get it in gear.
– Happier dog
– Moving it up to level 4 on the exercise bike. Watch out, people.
– Continue to resist computer games. No time. No…. ok just one more round of Civilization.
– Be a better writer and exorcise my writerly tics like the demons they are.
– Finally use one of those tire pressure thingies
– Find three good new bands. No more post-early-20’s-musical-discovering-laziness.
– A more perfect harmony between work, writing, relationships, and fun. My fellow writers, is that not the dream?
What about you?