Yeah, so, wow.
We’ve already blown well past 1,000 entries, and… I am unfazed! Bring it! Bravado!
Please do continue to spread the word about the contest, because after all: the only thing more fun than winning a contest is winning a contest that has very strong competition. And then bragging about it.
A few updates and requests from your contest organizer:
– E-mail subscribers: you must must must must must enter in the official contest thread. Please do not e-mail me your entries! If you need help leaving a comment, please consult this post.
– Please please check and double-check your paragraph before posting. If you spot an error after posting: please do not re-post. I go through the entries sequentially and the repeated deja vu repeated deja vu from reading the same entry only slightly different makes my head spin. But fortunately:
– I’m not worrying about typos. A certain winning entry had a typo last year and that turned out just fine.
– Several people have noted that quite a few of the entries are not actually paragraphs and are instead strings of dialogue, poetry, multiple paragraphs, and other non-paragraph concoctions. All I can say is: welcome to my world.
– I’m on Twitter! You can find me at @nathanbransford. I will be posting assorted updates as I’m reading the entries. Also probably complaining about the crazy rain we’re having in SF. Because that’s what Twitter is for.
Thanks again to everyone who entered! I can’t wait to read the paragraphs. And read and read and read and read……
Matera the Mad says
Minez iz a reel parrygraf.
Oh, and I meant to say thanks for organising this, Nathan, and for making it so much fun.
And, also, some really whizz bang paragraphs have been entered. Competition is feisty.
France or bust says
Vote for Maya.