Now for something a little different.
I’m going to be out of the office next week working at an orphanage in South America through Travelocity’s Travel for Good program – more on this when I return. Rather than the usual mix of re-posts and best-of-posts, I thought I’d open things up to you, the bloggers and would-be-bloggers who read the blog.
So. Want to get something off your chest? Want to build some blog traffic? Want to tell the world about your love of reality television shows? Want to mock me mercilessly? Now’s your chance.
Here’s how this will work:
– Please e-mail a guest post between now and noon Pacific time tomorrow (Thursday) to email@example.com.
– Please limit yourself to one entry.
– Please do not e-mail entries to my work address.
– Make sure to format your blog post in block formatting (i.e. single spaced, double spaces between paragraphs, no indenting, plain text) for easy copying and pasting.
– I will choose the five best, most helpful, funniest, awesomest posts to run next week and link to the guest blog author’s blog or website or Amazon page or favorite charity or what have you. The topic is totally up to you, although some relevancy to this blog’s themes will probably receive preference (but not necessarily!).
– I regret that I will not be able to run every post, and thus some blog post writing may be in vain. But! You can always use the post on your own blog, or, heck use it in your novel. Recycling encouraged!
– Rules and guidelines subject to change without notice.
– Did I mention you only have a little over 24 hours? Sorry for the short deadline!! (Actually it was intentional).
I aim to leave you in good hands. Thanks, everyone.